What is Reiki?
The word “Reiki” is composed of two Japanese kanji:
- Rei (meaning spiritual, sacred)
- Ki (meaning energy, life force)
Together these kanjis mean “spiritual energy.”
Everything alive has Reiki. For me, this concept is equivalent to the theory in quantum physics that all the energy and matter that was released during the Big Bang created our universe. We all come from the same source.
The Reiki system was designed to connect consciously with this spiritual energy. It is nonreligious and promotes balance, healing and well-being. It’s a nurturing, relaxing practice that, over time, helps you let go of anger and worry and makes you feel interconnected, joyful and grounded in your everyday life.
The ultimate goal of Reiki practice is to rediscover your true essence (i.e., oneness, coming from the same universal source).
There are now over 30 different kinds of Reiki with many sub groups and branches and more are being channeled all the time. And Usui is by far the most popular form.
Usui is the method practiced and taught in Japan as early as the 1900s by Makao Usui, who is credited as the founder of modern reiki.
Benefits of Reiki
Embodying your true essence may take a long time, but many benefits of practicing Reiki can be felt within a short time. Reiki—
• Relaxes and helps shift your nervous system from sympathetic mode (fight or flight) to parasympathetic mode (rest and digest).
• Accelerates the healing process and boosts the immune system.
• Improves wellness (e.g., better sleep, improved digestion, less pain).
• Supports your system during chronic conditions, medical treatments.
• Makes you feel more balanced, grounded and centered.
• Reduces anxiety, anger and drama.
• Gives you more clarity, joy and confidence.
• Encourages a heightened feeling of connection, and a more meaningful life.
Currently, I offer 30 Minute FREE Group Distance Reiki healing sessions for those in need. If you’re called to receive Reiki healing, you can book your session here.
Love and light,