|Color||Black to steel or silver-grey, brown to reddish brown, or red|
|Care||May be too intense for bedrooms|
|Water cleansing||No (polished pieces only)|
|Best for||Balancing, Recharding, Grounding, Protection|
I feel safe, anchored in the Earth, clear and spiritually connected. I act calmly and confidently, following my inspiration and looking after my needs.
Hematite Healing Properties and Benefits
Physical Healing Properities
- Restoring, strengthening and regulating the blood supply, aiding blood conditions such as anaemia
- Supporting the kidneys and regenerating tissue
- Stimulating the absorption of iron and formation of red blood cells
- Utilising the magnetic qualities of our yin-yang energies to balance the meridians within the body and to provide a stable equilibrium between the ethereal nervous system and the physical nervous system
Mental and Emotional Healing Properities
- Endowing us with courage, strength, endurance and vitality
- Stimulating concentration and focus, enhancing memory and original thought
- Adding in overcoming compulsions and addictions, treating overeating, smoking and other forms of overindulgence
- Anchoring you in the present moment, and is the perfect stone for those who tend to get stuck in the past or future
- Imparting soothing and composing feelings in a person and thus helping a person in getting rid of the pessimistic thoughts
Spiritual Healing Properities
- Grounding your energies to the Earth
- Strengthening our connection with the earth, making us feel safe and secure
- Dissolving negativity and preventing you from absorbing the negativity of others
How to Use Your Hematite Crystal
Crystals are powerful healers when used with consciousness, clear intention, and positive energy. Here are a few ways to use your crystals:
- Curate a crystal collection and interact with it in any way that inspires you.
- Decorate your personal space or office with crystals and stones and appreciate their unique beauty regularly.
- Wear crystal jewelry.
- Give crystals as meaningful and personal gifts.
- Meditate with your crystals.
- Tuck a crystal into your pocket, wallet, your bra, or under your pillow (some crystals are too intense for bedroom).
- Place them in sunny window sills or in your plants. Be mindful that colored stones such as amethyst will fade over time if left in the sun.
- Program your crystal with a healing mantra and allow the crystal’s energy to amplify the message into your environment.
- Create a crystal grid with your crystals
Descriptions of the healing properties of crystals are from the following sources
- My own experiences and observations of crystals
- The Crystal Bible: A Definitive Guide to Crystals by Judy Hall
- Gemstone Healing: How to Choose and Use the Right Crystal and Healing Technique by Michael Gienger
- Crystals: The modern guide to crystal healing by Yulia Van Doren
- The Little Book of Crystals: A Beginner’s Guide to Crystal Healing by Astrid Carvel
Disclaimer: The information contained on this site is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis or treatment by a licensed physician. You should seek prompt medical care for any health issues and consult your doctor before using alternative medicine or making a change to your regimen.